Town Council Meetings
The Town Council is governed by twelve Councillors who meet regularly to debate issues and agree policies for matters that affect the town.
- Meeting agenda papers can be accessed here.
- A schedule of meeting dates can be found here.
Please note that meeting dates may sometimes be amended at short notice. Any changes will be publicised on the website Home Page under 'Latest News', and also on the Town Hall notice board.
Public Participation Time
All meetings are open to the public and begin with fifteen minutes of public participation time during which anyone can ask Councillors a question, or make a comment regarding items on the agenda. There are a number of different meetings.
- Please click here for all Town Council agenda papers.
Full Council Meeting
Held at 7.00 p.m. at the Town Hall on the third Monday of every month. The full Council agrees the minutes of all other meetings and all policy recommendations made by Council Committees.
- Minutes of full Council Meetings can be accessed here.
Planning and Consultation Committee Meetings
As well as addressing matters of policy, at these meetings planning applications are considered and Councillor's comments are sent to Purbeck District Council, whose job it is to determine the applications as the local planning authority. Planning applications can be viewed online on Purbeck District Council’s planning search webpage (via Dorset County Council’s website www.dorsetforyou.com).
- Minutes of Planning and Consultation Committee Meetings can be accessed here.
- Minutes of previous Policy and Planning Committee Meetings can be accessed here.
The Council also has six standing Committees which meet on a regular basis. These Committees typically have up to eight Councillors as members, although all other Councillors are free to attend and speak, but may not vote. Most Committees also have a number of outside representatives to ensure that relevant bodies are consulted. For example, representatives of the Allotment Association attend the General Operations Committee Meetings and the Swanage and Purbeck Hospitality Association attend the Tourism Committee Meetings.
- Recent Minutes of Committee meetings can be accessed by clicking here.
There is also a Beach Management Advisory Committee which reports to the Tourism Committee.
- Recent Minutes of these meetings can be accessed here.