Beach Hut Terms and Conditions
Please note that dogs are not allowed on the beach from the 1st May to 30th September inclusive.
1. The Licence shall be for the period referred to in your official receipt.
2. The Licence fee for the said period shall be paid in advance before a key is issued. The key must be returned to the Tourist Information Centre by 10.00 p.m. on the date stated on the booking form otherwise there may be an additional charge levied of one day’s hire (at the applicable rate) for late return. There may be a charge of up to £25.00 for lost keys.
3. The Council may at any time without assigning any reason terminate this Licence and on doing so shall return to the Licensee the portion of charge paid in respect of any unexpired period.
4. The Licensee will be held responsible for any damage caused to the beach hut, equipment, fixtures and fittings, otherwise than by reasonable and fair use, and must take every precaution to protect same by locking it when absent therefrom. All litter and personal belongings must be removed from the beach hut upon departure. Any cost incurred by the Council for cleaning/damage will be charged to the Licensee by invoice raised by the Council’s Finance Section.
5. The Council reserves the right to take any action which may be necessary for the protection of the beach hut.
6. The Council accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to goods or articles left in beach huts.
7. The Licensee shall not transfer this License to any other person and shall not allow any person to use the beach hut in return for payment.
8. The Licensee shall not use or permit any persons to use the hut or permit it to be used or occupied:
(a) As a residence or as overnight sleeping accommodation;
(b) For advertisement display or sale of goods, products or services including religious material, unless by prior arrangement with Swanage Town Council.
9. The Licensee shall not cause or permit a nuisance in or around the beach hut or anything which shall cause annoyance, inconvenience or disturbance to the occupiers of neighbouring huts, or to the public.
10. The Licensee shall not play or use or permit to be used in or near the hut any musical or other instrument capable of reproducing music or other sounds so as to cause nuisance or annoyance to any adjoining or neighbouring Licensee of the Council or the neighbourhood, unless an event has been agreed by Swanage Town Council.
11. The Licensee shall not deposit or permit to be deposited in or near the hut any rubbish or other material except in such receptacles as may be provided by the Council for such purpose and shall not permit the hut to become dirty or untidy.
12. The Licensee is permitted to use any of the taps on the Promenade and is requested to use the same with care to avoid waste of water.
13. There is reserved to the Tourist Information Centre Manager, acting as Agent for and on behalf of the Council, the authority not to accept an application for the hire of any beach hut.
14. The launching of boats from the beach is prohibited. Licensees launching boats must use the Parish Slipway or the Town Council's Boat Park.
15. Smoking is prohibited in all beach huts.
Booking Fees and Regulations
All bookings and communications should be addressed to the Tourist Information Centre, The White House, Shore Road, Swanage, Dorset. BH19 1LB. Telephone: 01929 422885, or via email to: email@example.com
1. Bookings are made from 10.00 a.m. Saturday to 10.00 p.m. Friday.
2. Full fees are payable on confirmation of booking. Refunds will not be made in respect of a cancellation received less than one month before the booking date. Neither will refunds be given in respect of bookings taken in advance and given priority due to the length of the booking.
3. An administration charge of £20.00 or 15% of the total booking fee, whichever is the greater, will be made in the event of any cancellation or change of booking when requested by the hirer.
4. Bookings not claimed by midday on the first Monday of the Licence period will not continue to be reserved.
5. Keys can be collected from the Tourist Information Centre during office hours.
6. The Tourist Information Centre is open daily from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m., Easter to 31st October seven days per week, and from 1st November to Easter, six days per week from Monday to Saturday.
7. All huts must be vacated by 10.00 p.m. on Friday and keys returned to the post box at the Tourist Information Centre.
An hourly updated calendar showing availability for 2017 can be found here
Beach hut booking details
Beach Hut Terms and Conditions